Alaska Fire Patches
Alaska was the 49th state in the USA
- It became a state on January 3, 1959.
- Alaska is the biggest state in the USA
- State Capital is Juneau
- Nickname is the The Last Frontier
The official state flag of Alaska was officially adopted in 1959.
- The golden stars represent the Big Dipper (an asterism in the constellation Ursa Major, the Big Bear) and the North Star, also called Polaris (representing Alaska's northern location).
- This beautiful flag was chosen from a flag-designing contest.
- It was designed in 1926 by a 13-year-old Native American boy named Bennie Benson. Bennie was from the village of Chignik; he won a 1,000-dollar scholarship and a watch for winning the contest.