Utah Police Patches
Utah was the 45th state in the USA
- became a state on January 4, 1896.
- state Capital is Salt Lake City.
- nickname is Beehive State.
- state tree is the Quaking Aspen.
- state animal is the Elk.
Utah's official flag was adopted in 1913.
- The flag has a deep blue field with the state seal in the center, surrounded by yellow fringe.
- The state seal was designed by Harry Emmett Edwards in 1896.
- In the center of the flag is a bald eagle above a beehive (symbolizing hard work), surrounded by sego lilies (representing peace) and two US flags.
- The word "INDUSTRY" and the dates 1847 and 1896 appear on the flag.
- 1847 is the year that Brigham Young led a group of his Mormon followers to the Salt Lake Valley in Utah in order to find religious freedom and establish a new base for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Utah is the 13th largest by area
- the 30th most populous.
- the 13th largest by area.
- is bordered by Colorado to the east, Wyoming to the northeast, Idaho to the north, Arizona to the south, and Nevada to the west. It also touches a cornere of New Mexico in the southeast.