Texas Fire Patches
Texas was the 28th state in the USA.
- it was admitted on December 29, 1845.
- Texas is the second biggest state in the USA
- state capital is Austin
- nickname is The Lone Star State.
- state tree is the Pecan Tree.
- state animal is the Longhorn.
The official state flag of Texas, called the Lone Star Flag, was adopted in 1845 when Texas became the 28th state of the United States.
- The colors represent bravery (red), purity (white), and loyalty (blue).
- The large white star was first used on Texas flags in the 1830's during the battles between Texas and Mexico.
Texas is the second largest state in the United States by both area and population.
- borders U.S. states of Louisiana to the east, Arkansas to the northeast, Oklahoma to the north, New Mexico to the west, and the Mexican states of Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas to the southwest, and has a coastline with the Gulf of Mexico to the southeast.
Houston is the most populous city in Texas and the fourth largest in the U.S.
- San Antonio is the second-most populous in the state and seventh largest in the U.S.
- Texas is nicknamed "The Lone Star State" to signify its former status as an independent republic, and as a reminder of the state's struggle for independence from Mexico.
- The "Lone Star" can be found on the Texas state flag and on the Texan state seal.