Mississippi Police Patches
Mississippi was the 20th state in the USA
- became a state on December 10, 1817.
- state capital is Denver.
- nickname is The Magnolia State.
- state tree is the Magnolia Tree.
- state animal is White-Tailed Deer.
The debate over the flag.
- Mississippi flag was adopted by the state legislature in 1894.
- Mississippi's flag has included the Confederate emblem.
- a blue cross with 13 stars over a red background.
Mississippi is a southern U.S. state with the Mississippi River to its west, the state of Alabama to its east, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. Its Mississippi Delta region is considered the birthplace of blues music, honored at the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale. Also in the region is the Vicksburg National Military Park, preserving the site of a critical Civil War battle.