Georgia Fire Patches
Georgia was the 4th state in the USA;
- it became a state on January 2, 1788.
- State Capital is Atlanta.
- Nickname is Empire State of the South, Peach State.
Georgia's newest flag was designed in May, 2003
- it has three horizontal stripes, red, white, and red, with a blue square in the canton position (the upper left area of the flag).
- In the blue square is a circle of 13 white, five-pointed stars around the seal of the state of Georgia (pictured in yellow).
- The Georgia state seal pictures three pillars (symbolizing the three branches of government in the USA:
- the Legislative, the Executive and the Judicial) under an arch (symbolizing the Constitution),
- the year 1776 (the date of the Declaration of Independence),
- banners reading "CONSTITUTION," "JUSTICE," "WISDOM," and "MODERATION."
- under the pillars are the words (in white), "IN GOD WE TRUST."