Hawaii Police Patches
Hawaii was the 50th state in the USA
- became a state on August 21, 1959
- consists of a long chain of islands in the Pacific Ocean
- state capital is Honolulu
- nickname is Aloha State.
- state tree is the Candienut tree.
- state animal is Hawaiin Monk Seal.
The flag of Hawaii was commissioned by King Kamehameha I of Hawaii in 1816.
- King Kamehameha I had unified the islands of Hawaii in 1810, using a schooner armed with a cannon.
- before that time, each of the large islands had been a separate kingdom.
- the eight stripes of white, red and blue represent the eight main islands of Hawaii.
- the Union Jack (the flag of Great Britain) is in the upper left corner of Hawaii's flag, honoring Hawaii's long relationship with the British.
Hawaii, a U.S. state, is an isolated volcanic archipelago in the Central Pacific. Its islands are renowned for their rugged landscapes of cliffs, waterfalls, tropical foliage and beaches with gold, red, black and even green sands. Of the 6 main islands, Oahu has Hawaii’s biggest city and capital, Honolulu, home to crescent Waikiki Beach and Pearl Harbor's WWII memorials.
Sorry, there are no products matching your search.