New York Police Patches
New York was the 11th state in the USA.
it became a state on July 26, 1788.
- State Capital is Albany.
- Nickname is Empire State.
New York's official flag was adopted in 1901.
- The flag has a deep blue background.
- It pictures Liberty (she symbolizes freedom) and Justice (she symbolizes justice before the law).
- Liberty is holding a pole with a liberty cap, and has a discarded crown at her feet (which represents freedom from Britain after the Revolutionary War).
- Justice is blindfolded and is holding the scales of justice.
- A shield between them pictures the sun, hills, and 2 boats sailing on the Hudson River.
- Over the shield there is a globe and a bald eagle.
- Under them all is a white, flowing ribbon that reads "EXCELSIOR."